Onsite Poster Presentation Guidelines
Posters will be displayed in the Regatta Pavilion. Poster sessions will take place on Tuesday and Wednesday. The poster sessions and install/teardown schedule is as follows:
TUESDAY, MARCH 21
|6:30 am – 7:00 am||Poster Session 01 Install (Odd-Numbered Posters)|
|7:00 am - 8:00 am||Continental Breakfast & Poster Viewing (Odd-Numbered Posters)|
|9:30 am - 11:00 am||Poster Session 01 & Refreshment Break (Odd-Numbered Posters)|
|12:30 pm - 1:30 pm||Lunch, Poster Viewing (Odd-Numbered Posters) & Networking Tables|
|1:30 pm – 3:00 pm||Poster Session 01 Dismantle (Odd-Numbered Posters)|
WEDNESDAY, MARCH 22
|6:30 am – 7:30 am||Poster Session 02 Install (Even-Numbered Posters)|
|7:30 am – 8:30 am||Continental Breakfast & Poster Viewing (Even-Numbered Posters)|
|9:30 am - 11:00 am||Poster Session 02 & Refreshment Break (Even-Numbered Posters)|
|12:00 pm - 1:00 pm||Lunch, Poster Viewing (Even-Numbered Posters) & Networking Tables|
|1:00 pm – 2:30 pm||Poster Session 02 Dismantle|
- All posters must be removed during the designated times above. Posters not removed will unfortunately have to be discarded.
- Presenters are asked to be available for discussion of their poster during their designated presentation time.
- If you are unable to present your poster, please make arrangements for one of your co-authors to present the poster.
- Poster presentation space is limited to the dimensions of 244 cm wide x 112 cm tall (92 in wide x 44 in tall).
- Posters should be easily read at a distance of 8 feet (see Components and Design of a Poster below for font sizes).
- A poster printed on one large sheet of matte or semi-gloss paper is encouraged (not laminated). Posters will be affixed to the display boards with push pins.
- Need to print your poster in San Diego? Contact Cecilia at Copy2Copy, a local print vendor, who can print and deliver your poster.
- Include the title of the presentation in large letters, the authors' names, and the institution(s) where the work was completed at the top center of the poster.
- Poster numbers will be provided onsite and will be placed above your poster; you do not need to leave room on your poster for your poster number.
- Introduction and Summary/Conclusions sections are advised.
- Double space lines of text.
- Only text, graphs, photographs, and artwork may be placed on the poster board.
COMPONENTS AND DESIGN OF THE POSTER
The heading comprises a title for the research project, author names, and author affiliations (including city and country). Headings have more impact in a sans serif font such as Helvetica or Arial.
(no smaller than 72 points, preferably in a sans serif font)
(no smaller than 36 points, preferably in a sans serif font)
(no smaller than 26 points, preferably in a sans serif font)
Abstract: The abstract summarizes the main results succinctly.
Body: The body text of the poster will describe background, methodology, results, and interpretation. Body text should be no smaller than 16 points and preferably in a serif font such as Times New Roman or Garamond.
Graphics: The graphics are essential for an effective poster. Include captions below each graphic. Captions for graphics should be no smaller than 14 points and preferably in a serif font. Graphics should be understandable without recourse to a detailed text caption.
Conclusions: Conclusions should be clear and succinct and provide "take home" messages.