HCSRN 2017 Volunteer Program
Volunteering your time will help ensure a seamless execution of the HCSRN Annual Conference. Your assistance is invaluable to the Conference planning team!! This is a unique opportunity for a ‘behind-the-scenes’ look at what it takes to run a smooth meeting, and is a great career development opportunity.
To volunteer, simply email Sarah Knowles (email@example.com) to let her know which area you would be most interested in. The committee will have a schedule of dates/times/shifts to fill, and will fill in the spots with volunteer information. A few weeks before the conference, the Conference Planner will be in touch with you with a more detailed explanation of volunteer duties, as well as the full schedule.
Here is a brief snapshot of what would be expected of each kind of volunteer shift, so you can get an idea of where your skills would be best utilized:
After checking in with the Volunteer Coordinator, Registration Volunteers will receive their training from the Conference Solutions Registration Coordinator. Registration Duties:
- Checking in Conference attendees.
- Explain additional registration items noted on the back of their badges (if any).
- Provide attendee with appropriate registration materials (if any).
- Assist attendees with questions regarding the Conference.
- Act as a resource for directional and local area information, if possible (locate nearest restrooms).
- Assist with Conference tasks, as necessary, at the Registration Desk.
Session Room Manager
Conference Solutions will prepare all Session Moderator Packets including detailed instructions of Room Manager duties required.
- Pick up Session Packet no less than fifteen (15) minutes prior to the session.
- Check in with the Session Moderator(s) who will facilitate the session.
- Place name cards at head table (if applicable).
- Check the room for temperature, cleanliness and comfort.
- Give a five-minute notice that the session is starting.
- Coordinate start and end times with moderator.
- Ensure session starts and ends on time.
- Record the number of session attendees on the outside of the packet.
- Return the Session Packet to the Registration Desk.
Conference Solutions Staff and AV Staff will be nearby to assist, as needed. Please advise them of any issues that need their attention.
The Alternate shift is designed to cover any “no-shows” or last minute volunteer cancellations. This shift does not have assigned hours, but may span up to three hours for the selected day. It could be one shift, or many, depending on the need that day.